Northside Apothecary MAY REVISE THIS POLICY REGARDING THE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION AT ANY TIME. SHOULD ANY NEW POLICY TAKE EFFECT, Northside Apothecary WILL GIVE NOTICE TO YOU AND ALL USERS BY POSTING A NOTICE REGARDING THE NEW POLICY ON THIS WEBSITE, AND THE NEW POLICY WILL APPLY ONLY TO INFORMATION COLLECTED THEREAFTER. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE AFTER SUCH CHANGES ARE POSTED YOU AGREE AND CONSENT TO ALL SUCH CHANGES.
Notice of Information Collected
We may collect two types of information: information that personally identifies you and information that does not personally identify you.
- Personally Identifiable Information
- You are not required to provide personally identifiable information to visit this Website. However, you must register and provide personally identifiable information in order to access the non-public portion of this Website or otherwise receive information or services from us or your pharmacy provider via this Website.
- Personally identifiable information is collected from you directly and with your knowledge during either the registration process or the submission of a request for information or services. We may collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, e-mail address, gender, birth date and phone number. This information will be collected if you sign up to be a registered user and access all functionality of this Website located in the non-public portions of this Website. If we collect information from or about you, we will tell you what information is being collected. The amount and type of information that we receive depends on how you use this Website and the information you choose to submit to us.
- In addition, if you have a user ID to access certain non-public portions of our Website, we may track use of your user ID and may also capture the paths taken as you move from page to page (i.e., your “click stream” activity).
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- We may also collect non-personally identifiable information, which is automatically collected by Northside Apothecary or our third party vendor as you browse or otherwise access this Website. We may collect such information by tracking, or asking our third party vendor to track, your click-stream activity when such information is not tied to a user ID or through the use of “cookie” technology or by tracking internet protocol (IP) addresses, as explained below.
- Like many companies, we may use “cookie” technology on and off of the Website. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular website. The cookies do not contain any personally-identifiable information and cannot profile your system or collect information from your hard drive.
- When you view our Website we may place a cookie on your computer, which may be either temporary or permanent. Temporary cookies are used to complete transactions with this Website and for other purposes such as counting the number of visits to our Websites. These temporary cookies are eliminated when you exit your browser.
- A permanent cookie may also be stored on your computer by your browser. When you log in, this type of cookie tells us whether you’ve visited us before or if you are a new visitor. The cookie doesn’t obtain any personal information about you or provide us with any way to contact you, and the cookie doesn’t extract any information from your computer.
- The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that disabling temporary cookies may prevent you from using and accessing this Website and its services. Disabling permanent cookies should not prevent you from using or accessing this Website or its services, but may impact minor functionality of the Website, such as having the Website’s home page recognize you and display your favorite store prior to your logging in. In addition, if you visit our Website again after deleting a cookie, a new cookie may be activated.
- IP Addresses
- We may also log and track IP addresses for systems administration purposes and for reporting usage trends. Your IP address is usually associated with the physical place from which you enter the Internet. By collecting you IP address, we may record the page that linked you to this Website, the pages you visit on this Website, the ads you see or click on, and other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform and settings you are using, and any search terms you enter on this Website. IP addresses are not used to track an individual user’s session
- or location. This information only helps us determine how often different areas of our Website are visited.
- Although we do not collect personal information automatically as noted above, we may combine non-personal information collected automatically (such as through IP addresses, cookies or click-stream monitoring) with any previously submitted personal information that we may have received from you.
- Geographic Location
- We may collect your geographic location based on your IP address and other location-based data. However, we do not collect any device identifications.
- We may also use various third party internet vendors to collect, track and analyze data regarding Website usage and trends.
Use of Information Collected
- Personally Identifiable Information
- Any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide when using this Website may be used to provide you with information, products or services that you may request from Northside Apothecary via your local Northside Apothecary pharmacy.
- We may also use such information to communicate to you special offers and featured items from your Northside Apothecary pharmacy, Northside Apothecary, its affiliates, and other suppliers and vendors. If you are receiving additional communications and special offers, you may opt out of receiving such additional information at any time by contacting us using the contact information below or as outlined in the applicable communication. We will implement your opt-out request as soon as is commercially reasonable and will strive to notify your pharmacy of your preference.
- Your local Northside Apothecary pharmacy will also have access to your personally identifiable information you submit via this Website, and your other protected health information as defined under HIPAA, and will use such information as necessary to provide you the information, products and services that you may request. Northside Apothecary has no control over or responsibility for your local pharmacy’s use of information that you may provide to it.
- We will also use your personally identifiable information to customize your browsing experience and communicate with you and otherwise respond to your questions and suggestions.
- We may share your personally identifiable information only with our suppliers and vendors or with other third parties to enable them to provide services for us. We require those suppliers and vendors to comply with all applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including HIPAA. We do not sell, lease or rent your personal information.
- Non-Personal Information
- The non-personal information we collect may be shared with our vendors and used in the aggregate to create summary statistics that help us analyze website usage trends, assess what information is of most and least importance, determine technical design specifications, arrange the Website in the most user-friendly way, and identify system performance or problem areas.
- We may also use your geographic location to provide you with specific Website content and direct you to your closest Northside Apothecary pharmacy.
- Other Use and Ownership
- We reserve the right to share your information collected from this Website (including personal information) with third parties if required to do so by law or if we believe such action is necessary in order to: (a) conform with the requirements of the law or to comply with legal process served upon us; (b) protect or defend our legal rights or property, or that of another customer or user; or (c) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of the terms and conditions of using this Website.
HIPAA at Northside Apothecary
As a provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, Northside Apothecary has implemented programs and policies to address the transaction standards and the privacy and security implications of the rules promulgated pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). However, any protected health information that you may submit via this Website, as that term is defined in HIPAA, is subject to your pharmacy’s Notice of Privacy Practices and Northside Apothecary only receives that information as a Business Associate of your pharmacy.
We use recognized industry safeguards to help protect personally identifiable information from unauthorized access or use. If you are required to transmit sensitive information (such as Social Security and/or credit information) to us through our Website, we will provide you access to our secure server that allows encryption of your data as it is transmitted to us. We will help protect personally identifiable information stored on the Website’s servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products (such as firewalls and encryption), as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices.
Although our security measures help protect against the unauthorized access or use of the information under our control, we cannot guarantee that such unauthorized access or use will not occur. In the event that there is a breach of our systems where there is a possibility that an unauthorized person acquires your personal information, we will notify you of such a breach to the extent required under applicable law.
We will maintain your personally identifiable information and allow you to update it at any time by logging into your account to access your information. We will also take steps to make sure that any updates that you provide are processed in a timely and complete manner.
Linking to Other Websites
Important Note Regarding Children
This Website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age and Northside Apothecary does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 through this Website.
Customer Service and Recourse
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, our information handling practices, or any other aspects of your privacy and the security of information, please contact us at:
72 Plaza Drive
Pell City, AL 35125